Thursday, March 3, 2016

Wings and Water

I am very pleased to be included in this show at The River Arts Center in Prairie du Sac Wisconsin. The opening reception is St Patricks Day, but I won't be there. I will be snuggling with my new grandson in Chicago. He will be at least 3 days old by then.


Below  is my entry, titled "Waterfall" It is a space dyed cotton warp and Theo Moorman inlay in linen and cotton.


It seems appropriate to be in this show because here in my new environment I find I am completely fascinated by birds, and by my lake. The sun, moon and sky also shape my day. It has had a big impact on the work I do now. But this piece was made in another time, and this reminds me that wings and water have always figured strongly in my intentions.

I have added a new beginning rigid heddle class to my schedule. It will be April 2, at The Wild Hare Rug Studio in beautiful downtown Elk Rapids. I you would like to join us for the day, contact me at nmcray@mac.com and I will give you all the details.
This beginning level class is just before the slightly more advanced Textures and Patterns class at Interlochen on April 9.

It is 28 degrees here today, and there are big mounds of snow piled up against my pole barn. Yet, the light has changed and it feels like Spring. I am ready!

No comments: