Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Scarf

Labor Day Scarf! 
One of the most fun things about the rigid heddle loom is how quickly you can get a project on, and off again! Sometimes I get a true craving to make something. Boom, boom. This project fit the bill. I warped the loom on my kitchen counter (92 inches!) while waiting for my husband to get home. I finished the threading while enjoying a glass of wine. 

Over the next two days I worked on it here and there. In between company, bike rides, swimming and cooking. By Monday afternoon I had it off the loom and ready for finishing. In this case, "finishing" means to toss it in the washing machine to felt the ends, and then give it a good press. Voila! Scarf! 

It has a fun shape, a nice drape, and is very soft and warm. 

The pattern is available here, under the pattern tab, or on Ravelry. 

No comments: