The loom is warped at 20 threads per inch, for 15 inches wide, using Lino from Handmaiden. This yarn is 65% silk, 35% linen. A teeny bit hairy. It come in hanks of 800m/100g.
The weft is a tussah silk, probably around 2500 yards per pound, two ply.
I used Honeysuckle Twill from Davidson's, page 132, for the threading. For this piece I treadled for pattern IX for a few inches, switching to XIII for the majority of the middle. I put four shots of plain weave in between pattern shots for the beginning and end 6 inches or so - and 6 shots of plain weave in the middle section. The woven length of the piece on the loom totaled about 80 inches. Finished dimensions after hemming are 13.5 inches wide by 77.5 inches long.
I used 3/2 cotton for the pull/pattern threads throughout. They left tiny holes, that I find pleasing. When I did the pulling, I pulled from one side, compressing the fabric all in one direction. I believe that may have slightly stretched the finished fabric along one edge, as it doesn't lay completely flat.
After cinching, I soaked the fabric in soda ash for 45 minutes, and then painted both sides with procion dyes. I had envisioned a blue and gray coloring - in very muted and subtle tones. However, when I looked at my dye collection I was dismayed to find no black. Only red, yellow, blue. Yes, I know how to mix these primaries to get a wide variety of colors - but my heart was set on shades of gray. Switching to a different vision, I worked with more of a Spring theme for the colors, painting both sides with a variety of blues, reds, and greens.
The hand of the fabric is crisp. It could be worn as a scarf with attitude, but I think it really wants to be a table runner. Or, could become some lovely pillows.
I have more warp left. The next one will be woven with a very fine silk thread. I have added in a border of overshot for the ends in A1 silk from Habu. Nothing to see yet - so no pictures.