Friday, November 2, 2012

Woodland Weaver Woven Shibori Workshop

I had great fun with some of the Woodland Weavers a few weekends ago. We met in a fire station. Spent the morning weaving on rigid heddle looms, with supplemental Shibori wefts. They served a delicious lunch. It had been so long since I had sloppy joes, I couldn't quite remember how to eat them. I managed though, and greatly enjoyed it.
In the afternoon we began pulling threads and dying the samples. There were some challenging moments. I found holes in the bottom of my steamer pot. No worries, one of the weavers has brought an extra, just in case. Then we blew a fuse and the water stopped heating. Again, no worries. One of the weavers found the fuse box and we were back in business. See, weavers are like that. Prepared for anything.
Here are just a few pictures of the samples they made. Aren't they pretty?

No comments: