Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ripped!


I was making excellent progress on my second sweater design.  I am designing this garment for a special event later on this year.  I have a generous test knitter, who is just one step behind me.  I made it all the way to the sleeves. At this point I needed to check my math again to figure out sleeve decreases. Checking my math meant checking my gauge.  Checking my gauge I found I was getting 6 stitches to the inch. That just didn't  sound right.  The pattern says  5.25 stitches to the inch.  Huh!? 

I got a peek at test knitter's sweater.  She is getting specified gauge.  It looks great.  Mine looked fine too- but certainly a tighter knit. I see no choice but to start again. Here I rip!

2 comments:

theknittinglamb said...

I just love the color of that yarn though! At least you get the pleasure of playing with it all again?

Nancy McRay said...

Thanks! I have four more BIG skeins of that available -

Let me know...

It is very nice to knit with - and I am enjoying both the yarn, and the pattern again. Can someone please give me a time infusian? Intravenous would be great.