Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Sweater design


What do you think? I decided to try my hand at a bit of designing. There are some nifty new d0-it-yourself style books out there now. My current favorite is Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. The sweater pictured above on my ( and I don't even hate the picture!) is made of Alpine Cotton III, a dk weight cotton. I dyed it. But look- the sweater fits! I wrote a pattern, with 7 sizes. I consider it to be in the beta testing stage right now. I have a couple of test knitters getting started. If anyone else would like to test knit this, please let me know. The sizes range from a 34" bust to a 52" bust with 2 inches of ease factored in.
Here is Nicole. A new, and very enthusiastic weaving student! She is wearing her first weaving sample as a scarf. Way to go Nicole!

2 comments:

M!KA said...

i'd love to learn how to realize this kind of work!!!!!!!! i'm italian, and i'm on your blog just to read and to say "Hello!".. kisses

TrishaB said...

I loved meeting Nicole! I hope her second project is as cool as her first!