Friday, July 11, 2008

Things to come


As expected, I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I thought I could during my vacation. There are stacks of books and magazines yet unread. I have lots of yarn unknit, roving unspun. So what did I do? Why, I took a trip to Stonehedge Fibermill, and bought lots and lots of their beautiful Shepherd's Wool yarn,  and, for my spinners, some of the Shepherd's Wool roving.  I had to keep a close watch on it, as Kelly was verrrry interested in how it might spin. OK - I gave her a little.  We are both in love. 

I also designed a bag, two stitch challenges, spun some hemp from tow, and a very bright karaoke, plied with solids. I also made good progress on my Habu Paper coat.   All of this is crammed into the picture below, partly because my camera battery is flashing red. Mostly because some of these are somewhat secret.  You'll see. When I'm good and ready!


Most days I called back to the shop to see how things were going. From what I hear, it has been plenty busy.  When I placed my Fall orders at the Trade show in June, I asked that most orders not arrive until after July 15,  so that my shop-sitters wouldn't have to contend with boxes, and boxes, and more boxes of yarn rushing in the doors.  However, it appears orders from Habu, Plymouth, Dale, Louet, Stitch Diva, Mac and Me, Frabjous, Lantern Moon, Unicorn and Feista yarns are pouring in.  I won't recognize my own shop when I get back!  You'll see me next week, in the gallery studio, surrounded by mountains of brown boxes spilling out yarn and fiber, with a perplexed look.  It will take a bit of determined creativity to display all these treasures to their best advantage! 

But, right now I am savoring the last bits of time at the lake. Maybe one more trip in the Kayak. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

I'd like to sign up for both of Maureens classes on October 11. I can send a check to the shop...if there is a spot open.

I left a message on your shop voicemail.

Thomasean

Nancy McRay said...

Thomasean,

I looked everywhere for your e-mail, but I will put you on the list. You can either send a check, or call with a credit card. There are three classes - on Saturday there is Collar Obedience training, and Shadow Knitting,
Sunday is the all day Japanese knitting techniques. let me know which two you want! Why not all three?

Nancy