Friday, January 4, 2008

Resolution #1, get more fiber


Weave a little, spin a little. Every day. Those would be two of my New Year's resolutions. Luckily I am surrounded by looms, wheels, and fibers most of the time.  Pictured here is some bamboo and silk roving I dyed.  I am spinning a little of it. Beginner that I am, I feel challenged by it. How can something so slippery be so grabby?  Pre-drafting helps, plus all it shiny goodness make it worthwhile. I plan to ply what I get with a little lime green merino (I am spinning the stuff on the left).  Maybe just enough for some fingerless mitts.  Maybe for my Arizona daughter. 

I found a new-to-me website that is full of fun patterns. Like this one, for a little black dress in Hempathy.  That is one great yarn, and one I try to keep in stock.  It is wonderful for knitting, crocheting and weaving.  

Now that the Winter Holidays are a glowing memory, I am turning my attention to ordering yarns for Summer.  I'd love some suggestions!

1 comment:

Ava said...

That's a nice dress! Thanks for the link. I loved the way Hempathy knit up for the Indigo Ripples Skirt. I also like mercerized cotton for summer tops. Maybe they will have some at TNNA.