Monday, January 21, 2008

Dye Weekly

From left to right; Kona Superwash, Mikado, Prime Alpaca, and Panda Wool.  

I dye yarn every week. Every Monday, and most Tuesdays.  My hand dyed yarns are sold at Woven Art.  My customers like to know what's new in the hand dyes, so I try to bring on some new yarns every week. The above is a sampling of what was dyed last Monday. I have between four and six of each skein.  If you are interested in more information about these yarns, or other yarns I dye, please visit my website: www.yarnandfiberart.com.
There is a space there for you to send me a message - and I love to get messages! Stop in and say "Hi!". 

I am dyeing as much yarn as possible this week (and next!) to get ready for "Knit Michigan"
Please put this on your calendar, and plan to come have a great day. It is a very successful fundraiser, for a very good cause.  But it is also a day of fun for fiber fans. Don't miss it!  I spent much of last week creating my contribution to the goodie bags.  If you get a goodie bag, in addition to surprises from the other 13 yarn shops, you'll get a "mini-yarn-tasting" from Woven Art.  Two ten yard reelings of two different Woven Art hand-dyed yarns. Enough to edge a neckline, or do a swatch to see if you want a project out of it.  
There also will be a lunchtime fashion show, and door prizes!  Knit Michigan is on February 2, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Birmingham. Complete info at: www.knitmichigan.com

No comments: