Saturday, December 1, 2007

December


Happy December!  Here is the newest stitch challenge for you!


And some pictures of things from the dye bath. Here is a big lump of Superwash Merino. It is darker on the inside.  Sold by the ounce.  We'll rip off the amount you need.


This is green monte cristo on top, Tiara silk boucle (already sold) in the middle, and Rio, a rayon yarn on the bottom.  Same dye pot!
And this is two skeins of Kona Petite, a sock weight superwash merino, dyed for a customer request.  I dyed three of each, and she will only need one - so call Woven Art if you like them!
The bottom one is navy - not gray at all. 

This coming week is full of excitement.  Tuesday evening I get to teach 15 beginners how to knit at the East Lansing Public Library.  I am very happy to do this.  I really enjoy teaching, especially the newest knitters.  Then on Friday, Takako Ukei of Habu Textiles will arrive with her trunk show. I tend to loose my mind in the presence of too much Habu.  Really, my speech pattern is altered,  my knees quake, my breathing gets very shallow. Somehow I handle it better in the shop, but even so, every now and then I just stand and stare at the Habu.  I pick them up, put them down and ponder, whenever I get a chance.  So I am very excited about having the Trunk Show, with their fabulous sweater kits, for Friday and Saturday.  You owe it to yourself to come in if you are anywhere near Michigan.  Takako will give a talk on Habu yarns on Friday evening, at 7 p.m., and Saturday morning she will give workshops on how to read Japanese patterns.  They are written differently, that's for sure.  There are still a couple of spots in the Friday lecture, and more than a couple spots in the morning workshops.  Call 517-203-4467 if you'd like to reserve a place for yourself. 

On  these bitter cold days I am grateful that I have a cozy place to come too. What is cozier than a room full of yarn?  A room full of knitters!  And crocheters! And spinners! 

1 comment:

KB said...

I love the candy cane swatch!!!!