Saturday, November 24, 2007

Green Monte Cristo - a worsted weight softer than anything cotton boucle, and some tiny baby shirtsRed Tiara Silk - a boucle. And Red Montana, a worsted weight wool. Really Red, not the pink you see here.
Purple, Turquoise and Blue Roving. It has some white in it. It isn't glaring. My lighting needs work.
Thanksgiving is hard on this here foodie. I love to cook. But, yarnshop takes up much of my creative energy, and the rest goes to knittingcrochetingweavingspinningdyeingfelting...
So, it is with pleasure that I celebrate a day devoted to FOOD. Oh I am very thankful for that. But, the menu for Thanksgiving dinner is pretty much set. There is not a lot of room for experimentation. I am lucky to have an audience that is a little bit flexible, but Turkey on the grill is required, mashed potatoes:required, stuffing:required. I usually mess around with one or two elements. This year we didn't have any pumpkin pie. I was nervous about that, and even called the one daughter who could join us to make sure that it would still be Thanksgiving without it. Instead I made a chocolate walnut caramel torte. It took four hours to construct. I loved that. I made the caramel from white sugar. The walnut crust - very fragile- from scratch. And it turned out to be soo rich that you physically can't eat more that a half inch wide slice. At least not post turkey and stuffing. So I have this huge rich chocolate and caramel torte in my refrigerator.

Maybe I'll bring it to the shop tomorrow.

2 comments:

KB said...

Too bad I don't live closer to you. I'd help you with some of that torte.

Ava said...

Oh, is there any pie left? I'll be there on the 6th...you could freeze me a slice!

Mom and I prefer chicken, but it is a "must have" as are the stuffing (dressing), mashed potatoes and sweet potato pie. But I try to add one new dish each year just to mix it up. will you bake cookies for Christmas?

Ravelry has a food group. We're cooked! Pardon the pun!