Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hats and capes

It has been a great Fall at the shop.
This time of year is always the best, with people picking up their knitting and starting new projects. It is infectious, even for someone like me, surrounded by it all the time. I find myself working up lots of small, quick, giftable projects like this hat. Knit from Diamussee, with Tilli Tomas Disco lights peeking through the ribbing. It is going to be a little bit hard to go away for 10 days, starting Wednesday. But I can't complain - I get to go here,
and then here.

And, I get to wear this:
I finished my Barcelona Ruana in the nick of time. I think it will be a perfect travel companion. It is light weight, and warm. The weather there should be in the mid 60's most days, and a little cooler at night.

I have also been working on using some of my huge skeins of cashmere - Embrace from Classic Elite. It is fun to see how much I can get out of one massive skein. From an orange to purple skein I got two large scarves, fingerless gloves, and a hat. I just started a new skein, and wrapped the first scarf around Kelly today while she was trying to spin. It is a 3/5 Sunday spin-in at Woven Art today, after all.

The light blue stripe is Tilli Tomas Flurries, and has tiny blue beads on it. I wish my camera could tell you that.

I am leaving the shop in the best of care while I am gone. Please stop in to see Jessy, Jenn, Kelly and Deidra.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Nancy...have a fabulous time! And stay out of trouble in the shops this time. :)

Nancy McRay said...

Sharon,
That's Funny! Last night Gary was asking Kelly how to say "My wife is in jail" in Portugese - she took one semester, her freshman year.

adam said...

Hi, this is not so related to your page, but it is the site you asked me 1 month ago about the abs diet. I tried it, worked well. Well here is the site

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is