Tuesday, October 9, 2007

First Sunday

Sunday was so much fun for me at the shop. In additon to our regular book club meeting, we hosted an opening for Della Reams. The turn out for both was great! Della Reams is a textile and design professor at Michigan State University. She is an award winning designer, and best of all, she is showing her garments and wall hangings at Woven Art through mid-November. Here are some of her dresses, and some scarves on the left:


And here is one of her wall hangings:





I have a few knitting projects in the works. Pictured below is a WIP, second edition.
I had planned to do an entrelac scarf
but, I thought the pattern too chunky for the yarn. The yarn is a lovely heavy worsted weight cashmere from Classic Elite, called Embrace. It comes in huge hanks - with 690 yards on each one. So far from this skein I have crocheted a ripple scarf, and knit fingerless mitts and a hat.
I like the way the cashmere feels in this drop stitch pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Stitch Dictionary. It is cushy, squishy, and I think it really shows off the fun dye job.

I also have been invited to Ravelry. If you haven't done it already, I suggest you get yourself on the list. I have just begun to scratch the surface. I am finding friends and joing groups. But I know I will love being able to see other peoples yarns,projects and ideas.




2 comments:

AllyB said...

And what are you calling yourself on Ravelry? I'll come visit.

Nancy McRay said...

I am NancyAnne!