Monday, August 13, 2007

Folk Fest Weekend


This is what I dyed last week. It is called Riviera. This ribbon yarn knits to about 4 stitches to the inch, and is a cotton and rayon blend. I'd call the solid one "brick" and the other a "brick-navy-gold varigation." The tank top below, knit by Angie Tzoumakas uses Riviera in a different colorway. I wish you could see the back - it is purple! This top is part of the Hand-Knit from Hand-Dyed show currently at Woven Art. This is a show of talented area knitters, each piece is knit, at least in part with yarn hand-dyed by Woven Art (me). I am so happy with this show! It will be up until September 23, if you can please come see it. If you live in the Lansing area, you are invited to a reception for the artists on Sunday, September from 1 to 4 p.m.


This past weekend was The Great Lakes Folk Festival, just up the street from my shop. It is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. I enjoy the food as much as the music! I had pirogi for lunch for the first time this year. My pirogis were two half circles of dough filled with cheese and fried, then smothered in onions. I debated whether to chase that down with authentic rootbeer, or fresh squeezed lemon aide. The rootbeer line was pretty long - so the lemon aide won. We heard some great music; Texas Swing, Raggae, and lots of polka.
And here is Jacquie, spinning up a storm out in front of my shop. She sure attracts a lot of people who are curious about spinning. As a veteran demonstrator for the National Folk Festival from a few years back, she is very accustomed to spinning for a crowd.

1 comment:

Ava said...

It's Jacquie! Wish I could be there. Love the yarn and the top.