Thursday, April 12, 2007

OOPS!

Out Of Project S!

And a quick trip to Boston looming in the near future. Yes, Gary is running the Boston Marathon, and I am going to cheer him on. To admire, encourage, cajole and engage in the whole eat, drink, be merry and listen to way too much talk about running, thing. He is very excited. He has been planning for this ever since he achieved a P.R. in Boston last year. He made air and B&B reservations 6 months ago. Everything is undercontrol. He is so excited that Tuesday night he printed off our itinerary. Just to see it. And it was wrong. Instead of leaving Lansing for Boston at 7 a.m. and arriving at 11 a.m., we're scheduled to leave Lansing at 7 p.m., arriving in Boston at 11 p.m. I admit my first reaction to this news was "Whooppee!" Morning is not my favorite time of day to be moving around. And I could really put an "extra" unscheduled day to good use. But this made Gary very unhappy. Plans have been messed with! We would miss the big group dinner in Boston. The dinner in which everyone obsesses about how their run will go. The dinner where they eat, not too much, drink, not too much, and discuss running technique way too much. We can't miss that. So the solution is to attempt to fly to Boston on stand by, hoping to get there earlier. I forsee lots of airport time, and lots of needing to be calm. I am in desperate need of a portable, easy but not mindless (I will need to be able to say "Hang on, let me get to the end of this row"), project to entertain me.

Having just finished the Cabin Fever ribbed tank, my needles are freshly empty. Except for the Salina Shawl (free pattern on the Unicorn site), which does require some focus and attention. And a new cashmere and Habu silk and mohair mobius. I would be just too upset if I misplaced that one along the way. I do have a few other projects going on as well. Two are on looms. Another is the coil basket I am making for Gary for Father's Day. Even though he is not always very observant (I work on it a little every evening that we watch TV together), I do feel he might notice it on a plane.

Luckily, I get to spend the entire day in a yarn shop, helping people with their projects. That is sure to inspire me. Plus I have the ultimate excuse: I need to knit this for the shop!

Tomorrow, pictures of this past Monday's dyeing.

No comments: