Friday, February 9, 2007

Wool Panda?




Woah. I don't know what is going on here. I am at work, updating my blog from my laptop. The images I upload are in a lot of little words and symbols. At home, I put up a picture and I see a picture. Not so here. Another day in the life of a perpetual newbie. Sigh.

Anyway. If there are pictures to be seen, I'll describe what they are. One is the beginning of the Kasai vest from Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle. I really love the zig zag pattern. Though it has occurred to me that it would be much quicker to weave this. Then it occurred to me that there are other weaving patterns that would translate well into fair isle knitting. So, now as I knit, I am thinking about incorporating other designs.

The other project is the 4 by 4 Rib Tank by Cabin Fever in "Pure", a 100% soysilk yarn from Southwest Trading Company. This is going to have such a great drape and feel to it. I can't wait to wear it!

Today the Federal Express guy brought me a box of Panda Wool - a sock yarn from Crystal Palace. Last week I was going on about Panda Cotton, and how much fun it is to dye, etc. And, I had already planned the new colors for next weeks Panda dye bath - but oooh, the wool version is competing for my attention. I promise I'll post what I put color on -

Nancy

1 comment:

Ragnar said...

I think that Rowan 2 ply was the right choice for that sweater. It's lookin' good, but I have to wonder if the poor ribbed tank will ever get done now that you have funky fair isle to knit upon...

Knit on sista!